Hey there! Today I want to share my new favorite recipe – Chicken salad stuffed tomatoes. This bright combination packs a one-two punch of nutrition from the vitamin-rich tomatoes and protein-packed chicken salad.
I’ll walk you through step-by-step how to quickly chop the vegetables, cook the chicken, assemble the salad, and hollow out the tomatoes for stuffing. With fresh, high-quality ingredients, you don’t need fancy gadgets or tools to make this delicious dish.
In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have a beautiful meal that looks almost too pretty to eat! But with the contrasting flavors and textures of cool chicken salad and fresh ripe tomatoes, I guarantee these will be an adventure!
Let’s dive in then!
Ingredients and their benefits
I’m happy to share how easy it is to make it! The juicy tomatoes provide the perfect edible vessel to pair with the cool, creamy chicken mixture. Now let’s see how beneficial all the ingredients are.
Chicken breast contains high-quality lean protein for building muscle, bone, and enzymes. It has less saturated fat than other meats. Chicken also provides a good amount of niacin, selenium, vitamin B6, and protein.
Beef tomatoes are one of the best dietary sources of lycopene, an antioxidant compound that gives tomatoes their vibrant red color. Lycopene has been tied to reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease, and inflammation. These large tomatoes also supply a hefty dose of vitamins A, C, and K.
In this recipe, I use small tomatoes, which also work perfectly.
Greek yogurt is rich in probiotics that promote healthy gut function and digestion and has more protein than regular yogurt which keeps you feeling full and satisfied.
Bell peppers especially pack a punch – they contain vitamin C, vitamin A, antioxidants, and plant nutrients.
Parsley is an excellent source of vitamin K which supports bone and heart health. Also contains antioxidant properties that fight inflammation and provide antimicrobial oils that suppress bacteria/fungi growth.
Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomato: step-by-step
Oh man, this recipe takes me back to my childhood days at my mom’s place! She’d whip up the best-stuffed veggie dishes that looked so pretty on the plate. I’m talking plump little tomatoes filled with chicken or egg salad, vibrant bell peppers overflowing with wholesome quinoa, and even cute zucchini packed with herbed rice.
Friends, get ready for the easiest recipe ever to make you look like a pro chef – Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomato! This recipe is so much fun to make, let’s get started!
- Step 1: Grab ripe juicy tomatoes – I like to use big beefy boys for more chicken filling but cute little guys work too! Slice off the top and use a spoon to scoop out the insides.
- Step 2: Get chicken diced up along with some bell pepper and red onion for crunch
- Step 3: Pack that chicken mixture into your tomato shells like you’re loading delicious ammunition. Really cram it in there!
- Step 4: Add your ready couscous, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika (optional), Greek yogurt and mix all together.
- Step 5: Gently stuff tomatoes with your chicken salad mixture.
- Enjoy this amazing and healthy dish!
variations and extra toppings
Here are creative ways to customize your chicken salad stuffed tomatoes with delicious add-ins and toppings:
Mix-Ins for Chicken Salad:
- Diced fruit like apples or grapes adds sweetness and crunch
- Toasted nuts like almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews provide texture
- Shredded carrot or zucchini for extra veggie power
- Sliced olives, raisins, and dried cranberries offer punchy flavors
- Spices like cinnamon, curry powder, and paprika vary in flavors
- Crumbled feta or shredded cheddar cheese for a savory accent
- Fresh herbs like cilantro, dill, or parsley spice it up
- Thinly sliced onions or peppers for crunch
- Sautéed mushrooms for extra umami flavors
- Microgreens load up on nutrients
Keep in mind, that loading up on too many mix-ins can quickly boost the calories. Here’s my suggestion: choose one or two elements from each category – sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy. Maybe toasted almonds for crunch plus a sprinkle of dried cranberries for a subtle sweetness. Or even just a handful of microgreens on top to power-pack those vitamins while keeping calories in check.
So there you have it, my easy step-by-step chicken salad stuffed tomato recipe!
This kind of recipe makes vegetables fun and delicious. With each bite, you get a burst of fresh crunch followed by a creamy, hearty filling. To this day I still use my mom’s trick of adding extra veggie goodness into meals, whether I’m making these Chicken Salad Stuffed Tomatoes or just throwing some diced peppers into my morning omelette! Thanks, Mom!
Have a great week, and see you soon!